Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Más más más

So my classes have started and are definitely going to be work. I'm taking two Spanish literature classes, and I'm not really sure how I feel about that yet. So far, one of them has been really slow going. I thought I would only have one class this month, but really I have three, and one of those three is actually two... So even though I have two different teachers, and there's time between them, it only counts as one class. Oh well, it's fun to hang out with my friends Tom and Amelia between the classes and eat delicious breakfast. I booked my flight to Amsterdam today! That's going to be exciting! I leave October 31st and come back on November 3rd. Although it's short, I'm sure it's going to be a good time.

I've met some really cool people here! There are not just Emory students in all of my classes, which is nice. There are a lot of kids from Taiwan and China, and there are other Americans here, as well. Most of them study at Colby College. Hopefully, I'll be able to get to know more of them.

The other day my host dad asked me why Obama wanted to go to war with Syria. It was a bit awkward, especially since I didn't know how to explain it in Spanish. I just sort of laughed and told him I didn't know, and my host brother thought it was a really funny interaction. At least, he smiled; neither of my host brothers talk to me very much, so I'm not really sure what they're thinking.

It's interesting because my host family constantly has the television on. I don't know if that's a Spanish thing or a my-host-family-thing, but it's so different from my house! I'm not sure how enthusiastic my mom would be if I brought home that tradition... or the tradition of eating so much red meat. I do walk around 6 miles a day, though, so that makes up for all the delicious ice cream I've been eating.

No comments:

Post a Comment